Lunch at the Church House
Served from 12 noon – 3pm
Soup of the day - £4.25
homemade seasonal soup with our own baked bread.
Bowl of triple cooked chunky chips -£2.95
Sandwiches - £6.95
all served on white or granary bread with dressed salad leaves, parsnip crisps and homemade potato salad:
- Honey glazed gloucester old spot with cumberland honey mustard.
- Free range egg with a light mayonnaise dressing.
- Organic kendal crumbly cheese with a tomato and saffron chutney.
- Roast rib-eye of beef with horseradish relish.
- BLT, sweet cured bacon, crisp lettuce, vine tomatoes and a light mayonnaise dressing.
- Hot cumberland sausage and honey mustard.
- Large saltwater prawns with marie-rose dressing - £7.25
- Toasted steak sandwich - £8.50
(5oz. rib-eye steak with grilled red onion, rocket salad & caesar dressing)
Something a little more substantial
Crispy beer battered haddock - £12.25
served with triple cooked chunky chips, mushy peas, dressed salad leaves and homemade tartar sauce.
Grilled cumberland sausage -£12.95
with honey mustard mashed potatoes and red onion, sage and red wine gravy.
Moules mariniere - £11.95
steamed mussels in a cream, garlic, shallot and white wine sauce, finished with flat leaf parsley.
Extremley rich sticky toffe pudding - £5.65
with a warm butterscotch sauce, brandy snap biscuit and clotted cream ice cream.
Crembe brullee - £5.75
infused with vanilla bourbon, served with strawberry short bread.
- Tea / Fruit tea - £1.75
- Coffee / Decaff - £2.00
- Cappuccino small/large £2.35/£2.95
- latte/mocha - £2.20
- Espresso / Double - £1.75 /£2.80
- liquor coffee - £4.25
- Hot chocolate -£2.20